Dates: 18/05/2018 to 20/10/2018 every third Saturday ( different dates available for groups of 10+)
Times: 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Price: £89 (early bird discount at £75)
Lunch: There is a choice of a meat, fish and a vegetarian dish, which you can select on the day.
Transport: Minibus or coach.
Highlights of Tour:
Enjoy a glorious day out, exploring the ancient town of Maldon with its museum, natural marina and the quaintly decorated pastel coloured houses along this picture perfect traditional English seafront.
Full Tour Description:
Maldon is a picturesque town on the Blackwater Estuary in Essex. It is the seat of the Maldon District and a starting point of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation. It is most renowned for Maldon Sea Salt which is produced in the area. This Tour includes a memorable cruise on the legendary boat the ‘Viking Saga’, which was built in Wallasea Bay, Essex in 1947.
Meet your Guide at Gants Hill Library at 8.30am or at a pre-arranged pick-up point (Central Line underground)
Your Tour begins with
- 30 – Meet Tour Guide at Gants Hill Library
- 9.40 - Arrival in Maldon and meet your Local Tour Guide at the Oak House Coffee Restaurant.
- 10.00 - 11.00 - Thematic Tour of Maldon.
- 12.00 - Viking Saga pleasure Boat Cruise.
- 13.00 - Marine Walk and lunch at the Jolly Sailors.
- 14.00 - Free time to explore a choice of the Promenade Park, Museum or Marine Cottages.
- 15.15 - Daisy Meadows and Heybridge Basin.
- 16.00 - 17.00 - Heybridge Pleasure Boats Canal Tour
- 17.15 - Depart Maldon for your return journey to Gants Hill.
- 18.30 – The Tour ends on your return to Gants Hill.
You will need suitable clothing, please check the weather (warmth/waterproofs) and comfortable shoes for exploring.
For further information, visit our Terms & Conditions here.
For any enquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: 020 8500 9912