Title: Hainault Forest Family Friendly Adventures
Day of Tour: Tuesdays and Sundays – April - November
Time: 1st Tour: 10.30am- 12.30pm; 2nd Tour 1.30-3.30pm.
Price: WAS £49 ON SALE to £34
· 2 adults + 2 children
· Bring own picnic or purchase lunch at the forest cafe..
· Family bookings only. Minimum numbers applies (8 or 16).
This is the perfect tour for families with children.
Highlights of Tour:
This is the perfect Tour for families with children of all ages. Discover the hidden treasure on this fascinating Tour of Hainault Forest with Royal connections and discover the link between the London Double Decker Bus and the forest.
Full Tour Description:
Hainault Forest has a wealth of activities to offer families who are looking for a day out in the fresh air. With over 300 acres you won’t run out of things to see and do, including the lake which is filled with a variety of fish including Carp, Bream and Pike. As part of the tour, you will visit Foxborough Farm too (under renovation).
10.30am: Meet your dedicated Tour Guide at the Café area in Hainault Forest,
- Your Tour Guide will wow you with the history of Hainault Forest and the role it played in the Great Fire of London.
- Learn about the lake and the fantastic range of insects, wildlife, trees and flowers. The farm provides a range of animals for your children to enjoy.
- Explore the ancient woodlands, the magnificent sculptured trees and trails.
- walk past the area where years gone by you could have met a deer or a bear!
- View the spectacular London skyline when you walk to the highest point of the forest.
- You’ll get, weather permitting, an outstanding view of the Shard, St Pauls, Canary Wharf and possibly the Gherkin!
Once you come down from this amazing viewpoint, you can immerse yourself gently into the serene and tranquil rabbit glade area, where the rabbits hide in their burrows and only come out if safe! How quite can you be and spot them before they spot you and run off!!.
From here, descend , and explore the woodland adventure playground. Check out the fabulous view of the ponies\ horses, when available.
Descend back down to the forest and lake. On hot and sunny days, you can hire a rowing boat and enjoy the lake and scenery.
Finish off your day back at the Cafe for lunch or picnic for a well earned rest!.,
End of tour.
activities (not included in the tour):
- Redbridge Cycling Centre, Forest Road Hainault, IG6 3HP (15 minute walk): This is where the 2012 Olympic cyclists used to train for the London 2012 Olympics. You can pick from a range of cycling paths to enjoy.
- Visit the Celebrity houses of Chigwell!
- Visit Fairlop Waters Sailing Centre, Forest Rd, Ilford IG6 3HN (10 minute walk)”
7. And finish your Tour with light refreshments.
For further information, visit our Terms & Conditions here.
For any enquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: 020 8500 9912